Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fresh, Pure Hawaiian!


Lanikai Juice in Kailua is one of my favorite places. Sure, it's just a smoothie place but they use locally grown produce and lots of organic ingredients in their yummy drinks and bowls.

My choice on most days is the acai bowl. It's a really thick smoothie made of acai, bananas, strawberries and a splash of apple juice. The smoothie mixture is then topped with locally-made granola and sliced bananas. I like to customize and usually add a little extra granola and some honey on top.

The acai extravaganza bowl has double the acai in the smoothie and added on top are grated coconut and fresh berries. The extravaganza used to be my favorite, but now it's just too much for me to eat. It's a huge bowl, two people could share it.

On the smoothie side, I love the Kailua Monkey. It's a peanut butter and banana-based smoothie, with soy protein in your choice of vanilla or chocolate. Um, chocolate all the way, yeah.

Lanikai Juice is all vegetarian, and there are lots of vegan chioces. I wish they used a soy yogurt because a lot of their drinks have yogurt listed as an ingredient.

Enjoy.

Lanikai Juice
600 Kailua Rd
Kailua, HI 96734
(808) 262-2383
www.lanikaijuice.com

No comments: