Monday, March 3, 2008

The Big Promise!

Things are finally starting to go my way at Starbucks! Last week, Buckys closed up shop one evening to retrain the staff. I guess competition is heating up in the coffee market and people are going elsewhere for a cheaper, hotter latte.

The new "promise" is ... Your drink should be perfect, every time. If not, let us know and we’ll make it right.

Well, you know I'll be taking advantage of that. I know I have a custom drink order, but it's not that difficult. Grande, soy, chai latte, no water, no foam, 200 degrees, and filled to the top. It's very specific, and I'll let them slide on the foam, I just want the drink hot and filled up. I hate it when they leave like 2 inches of space cause of the foam. Most of the time I get a hassle over the temperature. It's not dairy, it won't curdle. Heat that soy up!!!!

Anyway, I'm very happy about the new customer friendly attitude. In fact, I got an apology the day after the training. A new barista at my local apologized for giving me attitude about not wanting to make the devil's hot latte.

It was nice to be acknowledged and the free drink coupon didn't hurt either!

2 comments:

CaraDee said...

Glad you liked. That's one of my favorite things, to make fun of crap. I will always cut something stupid out to show to my husband. Did you ever see the Indian Nativity? I mean, Geez. I told him I was getting it for him for Christmas.

kimmy said...

those sunday circulars are always filled with winners! i do the same thing to my husband. lately i've been teasing him about getting his birthday gift from the harriet carter catalog. have you seen that one, it's cover & art direction is totally stuck in the 1960s... and so are some of the products.